Thursday, April 2, 2015

Thoughts for Thursday: Easter Prep


Hi guys! I'm linking up with East Coast Chic for Thoughts for Thursday!

Thoughts for Thursday



So currently I'm preparing for a fun family filled Easter weekend. Ashby's Aunt and Uncle are flying in from California, and his cousin who lives in DC will all be in the RVA for Easter! We are hosting a dinner on Saturday for the family.

-I usually am not a fan of pork tenderloin but for whatever reason that sounded really delish with some asparagus. I'm thinking I'll try Ina's recipe?   *Sidenote- Ina use to get on my nerves but now I kinda like her!

-I will be making my famous white cheddar pimento cheese (Thanks, Southern Living). Here is the recipe. Make it. You'll love it. I promise.

W H I T E  C H E D D A R  C H I V E  P I M E N T O  C H E E S E

-1 12 oz block of white cheddar cheese shredded
-1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonaise
- 1 4 oz jar pimentos rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup freshly diced chives
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon worschestire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.

Grate half the cheese using the large holes in a box grater and the remaining half with the small holes.  Stir together Mayo and next 6 ingredients.  Stir in cheese until blended.  Let sit 15 minutes.  Serve immediately or chill up to 3 days.


- The last thing that I'm going to attempt to make is a bunny cake. Like the one below. I bought lemon cake box mix and cream cheese frosting. Wish me luck!


-All of the Easter bunny basket fun has been purchased. I'm so excited because the Easter bunny brought Bailey a new pair of summer shoes. Who doesn't love new shoes?!?

-We attempted to dye Easter eggs two nights ago. I bought a kit and fake eggs a year ago and they have lived in the closet until this week. It was pure crazy. Ashby kept giving me the stink eye and insisting Bailey was too little to dye Easter eggs. He was right but I wasn't giving up. She kept reaching for the little tubs of dye and I could just see it going EVERYWHERE. We ended up putting all the eggs in each of the containers and lettings her move them around with one of the wire sticks. The entire thing lasted 5 minutes. Now I have horrendously dyed fake eggs that I have to figure out how to decorate with. Pictures to follow from Saturday's party. 

-Do you take your kids to see the Easter bunny? We've never taken Bailey.

- I'm excited for the Easter egg hunts this year because I think Bailey will really be into it. She's been playing with all of the empty eggs this past week.  In honor of #tbt here is my baby girl celebrating her first Easter!


Have a great day!




1 comment:

  1. The bunny cake will be adorable! Exciting that your sweet girl will be old enough to enjoy Easter a little bit this year!

    ReplyDelete